Michael Scott, Certification Chairman
The Society of Broadcast Engineers, including “Digital Media Professionals” recognizes the importance of including Audio & Video Engineers that are not linked – directly to the Broadcast industry. If you have a specialty that includes these careers – read on.
Certified Audio Engineer® (CEA®) and
Certified Video Engineer® (CEV®)
The candidate for Certified Audio Engineer or Certified Video Engineer must have five (5) years of suitable experience in audio/video engineering or related technology.
Substitution of broadcast engineering, or education in related technologies, for experience may be made as follows:
- A state registered Professional Engineer’s license will count as four (4) years experience for all levels of certification.
- A Bachelor Degree will count as four (4) years experience.
- An Associate Degree will count as two (2) years experience.
- Years of related accredited education, i.e., military, correspondence, etc. can be substituted, year for year, up to four (4) years.
- Applicant will not receive dual credit for concurrent years of experience and education.
The Certified Audio or Certified Video Engineer Exam: Exams are three hours, consist of 50 multiple-choice questions relating to either audio or video, covering the equivalent of five (5) years experience. Each exam is computer-selected from a pool of questions, and every exam is unique. Each correct answer will be worth two (2) points. The Audio/Video Engineer multiple choice examination will consist of questions on:
- operating practices
- basic electronics
2015-16 Exam Dates
|Aug. 5-15, 2016||Local Chapters||June 3, 2016|
|Nov. 4-20, 2016||Local Chapters||Sept. 30, 2016|
To raise the professional status of broadcast engineers by providing standards of professional competence in the practice of broadcasting engineering. To recognize those individuals who, by fulfilling the requirements of knowledge, experience, responsibility, and conduct, meet those standards of professional competence. To encourage broadcast engineers to continue their professional development.
For more information and/or application forms please feel free to contact Michael Scott, CPBE. E-Mailokscott@halcyon.com